*Prior to submission please review all items prior to submission, especially the Submission Guidelines, Statement of Disclosure, and Copyright Notice sections below.
PRINT JOURNAL SUBMISSIONS
The Michigan Journal of Public Affairs (MJPA) is now accepting exceptional, original, and rigorously researched academic papers, articles, and Op-eds, on any public policy related-issue for our Volume 18 edition. We encourage submissions to include thorough analysis and/or policy recommendations. Submissions for MJPA Volume 18 are due at 11:59pm on Sunday, January 24, 2021.
- Eligibility: We accept submissions from graduate and professional students, academics, and professionals working in policy-related fields
- Citations: Must be included and formatted to Chicago Style. Please use endnotes.
- Originality: Pieces should not have been previously published on any platform
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject line should be in this format: Last name, First Initial-Volume 18
- For online platform submissions, please include Online Submissions in the subject
- Include your name, institution and title of your paper in the email
- Do NOT include your name in the actual paper
- Attach your paper as a .DOC, .DOCX, or .WPD, complete with citations, to the email
Length: Articles should not exceed 6000 words including footnotes and citations. Notes, such as book reviews or commentary on developing policy issues, should not exceed 3000 words, including footnotes and citations. Abstracts are required for all notes and articles.
Style: Chicago Manual of Style. All published articles must include endnote citations. Footnote citations will not be accepted.
In addition to our Volume 18 submissions, MJPA also accepts articles and Op-eds on a rolling basis for our online platform. Articles should be no more than 1,000 words in length, and can be about any current or relevant policy issue. Submissions should be creative and compelling, well-researched, support claims with evidence and adequately address counterarguments. Submissions should include citation links within the article and endnotes, if applicable, author’s name, short biography and photograph.
Please allow approximately two weeks from the date of submission to receive comments from the assigned editor who will provide detailed feedback regarding revisions. To submit an article to our online platform, please send an email to email@example.com and include “Online Submissions” in the subject line.
Statement of Disclosure about the Editorial Review Process
All papers selected for submission will undergo review by the MJPA Editorial Board. Authors will be expected to revise submitted articles prior to publication. In order to facilitate the review and the formatting processes, please clearly identify sections and subsections, as well as the citations for figures and photographs. MJPA reserves the right to exclude any article from inclusion in final publication at any point in this process.
MJPA also maintains the right to edit, delete, or change any aspect of an article at its own discretion. Any major changes will be communicated to the author prior to publication. In addition, MJPA may reproduce, excerpt, or otherwise utilize the published material in its future publications, website or events without the explicit consent of the author. MJPA maintains a commitment to protecting the work of its authors and to ensuring that this work is not reproduced unlawfully or without the author’s permission by other parties.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are not able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book). You may still publish on the same research topic that you submitted to MJPA, but the content that you publish in a different journal must be an original paper that is distinct from its source document.