Whether you have a research paper, policy memo, topical note, or some kind of thing we don’t even know about yet, we want to read it! We are calling for submissions to the 2017 Michigan Journal of Public Affairs from any author, from any program or institution or location around the world, on any topic. The deadline is January 15, 2017.
This year we are making a special call for writing on health equity, housing policy, or criminal justice, which you can choose to submit to our special issue section if you wish.
- Articles should not exceed 6,000 words (including endnotes and citations)
- Notes, such as book reviews or commentary on developing policy issues, should not exceed 3,000 words (including endnotes and citations)
- Abstracts are required for all notes and articles
- Special issue submissions must be less than 2,000 words, or two pages if submitting original graphic designs or photos. The submission form will prompt you to explain your piece’s relevance to the 2017 special issue topics (health equity, housing policy, criminal justice)
- Please follow the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS). In-text citations are not required for special issue category submissions, but if included, must follow CMOS
- All published articles must include endnote citations; footnotes will not be accepted
- Complete this form and attach your submission(s) as directed
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a .DOC, .DOCX, or .WPD version of your work(s) as a backup. Please do not submit .PDF or other files. The subject line of your email should be in this format: Last Name, First Initial–Winter 2017 MJPA (Article/Note/Special Issue) Submission
Good luck, and feel free to contact us with any questions!