Please join the staff of the Michigan Journal of Public Affairs (MJPA) Tuesday, Oct. 4, for a celebration of our student-run policy journal’s 13th volume!
The launch party will feature remarks by Dean Susan M. Collins, a presentation by author Chelsea Racelis about her paper on Singapore’s domestic workers, opportunities to get involved with the next edition as a contributor or editor, and free food! This event is open to the public and all are welcome.
Volume 13 features authors from a variety of programs and universities on a range of fascinating topics:
1. Human capital theory and practice: The effect of tuition increases on college major selection by Rashid Malik and Austin Slaughter
2. Natural disasters and the United States’ electricity grid: The role of FEMA and the values of micro-grids by Gilbert Michaud
3. Ban the box: An evaluation by Selamawit Misgano
4. The necessity of taxation justice for a more profound decolonization process in Ecuador by Luis Salvador
5. Permission denied: Sina Weibo behind China’s great firewall by Xin Xu
6. The Iraqi constitutional process by Ashley Connelly
7. Singapore’s domestic workers: Changing public attitudes by Chelsea Racelis
8. Analyzing the 2006 One Million Signatures Campaign: Toward a critical understanding of legally enforced gender inequality in Iran by Shireen Smalley