Michigan Journal of Public Affairs
Volume 12 Launch Party
The staff of Michigan Journal of Public Affairs invites members of the University of Michigan and the surrounding Ann Arbor community to celebrate the release of MJPA Volume 12 at Gerald R. Ford School in the Annenberg Auditorium (735 S. State Street) on Wednesday, September 30 at 5:00pm.
The Michigan Journal of Public Affairs is a student-run journal that publishes exceptional and innovative public policy related articles from policy professionals and graduate students. We are excited to announce the publication of our 2015 edition. Papers published in this latest MJPA issue cover a wide range of policy issues: immigration, development, population growth, and climate change.
- Head Start and Parental Mental Health: Differentiated Impacts of Head Start by Cohort and Comparison Group by Patrick Balke
- Deportation in the United States: A Historical Analysis and Recommendations by Marc Edward Jácome
- Actively Managing Risky Behavior: How the Insurance Industry Should Address a Changing Climate by Collin Gannon
- Building a Lasting Peace in Colombia: Recommendations for Social and Political Transformation by Patricia P. Padilla
- Drug Trafficking, Gang Violence, and the U.S. Immigration Crisis by Christopher Palmer
- Growth Amid Decline: A Spatial Analysis of the Hispanic Population Change in Michigan and Detroit by Miguel Bonilla-Zarrazaga and Nathan Gire
The launch party will consist of opening remarks from Dean Susan Collins, Joan and Sanford Weill Dean of Public Policy. In addition, Patricia Paola Padilla Lara, MJPA Volume 12 author and Ford alumna 2015, will present her paper “Building a Lasting Peace in Colombia: Recommendations for Social and Political Transformation”. In the article, Padilla presents a historical analysis of violence in Colombia and how current political dynamics perpetuate violence. In the end, Padilla identifies opportunities for social transformation and peace building. The MJPA staff will be available to answer questions regarding publishing opportunities and submission guidelines in Volume 13. Light refreshments will be provided.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Public Event, Publications, Submissions, Volume 12